This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Earn Money by blogging about SAP

Discussion about non-SAP related issues: Inquiries, Personal & Commercial advertisements, etc. ( For registered users only)

Moderators: rtella, Snowy, thx4allthefish, The Prince Of Darkness

Earn Money by blogging about SAP

Postby sapcrmbelgium » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:42 am

Hi
as of September 2012 we launched a new website called SAP University. The purpose of this website is to become a large platform containing quality articles, tutorials and how-to guides about every existing SAP Module.

Visit http://www.sapuniversity.eu and have a look.

You can join us as a contributor by writing quality articles about your domain of expertise within one or multiple SAP Modules.
For each QUALITY article, writting in correct English, you will be able to earn money varying from 1 USD up-to 6 USD, depending on the length and the quality of the article.

If intererest in becoming a contributor, please use the following link:
http://sapuniversity.eu/join-as-an-author/

cheers
Davy Pelssers
sapcrmbelgium

Re: Earn Money by blogging about SAP

Postby Rich » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:39 am

Well.

I just had a look at your site, and I chose the blog about search help exits.

The method described by Imen may well work, but it is totally incorrect in as much that it should take into consideration the events passed to the search help exit by the search help processor otherwise it will do the selection process umpteen times. The events are controlled by the variable CallControl-Step and for example the selection process should only be called during the step 'SELECT', and not during the 'SELONE', 'PRESEL', 'DISP' or other events.

Secondly, populating the return table is generally done using a specified function module, which at the moment I'm too busy to look on my own system for.

So, please verify what your contributors write and make sure that it is correct before publishing it.

As for the article I selected to read, please take it down because it is incorrect.

As is the method described for creating a maintenance dialog in spro which is described in the next article.
Regards

Rich

Abap KC:http://www.richard-harper.me.uk/Kb
SFMDR:http://www.se37.com
Rich

Postby rangachary » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:09 pm

6 whole USD? That is some pretty good sugar man! I will be rich in no time. Better quit my job and spend all my time writing quality articles in correct English.
rangachary

Postby Rich » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:07 pm

rangachary wrote:6 whole USD? That is some pretty good sugar man! I will be rich in no time. Better quit my job and spend all my time writing quality articles in correct English.

Did I see the word "Quality" in there Ranga ??
Regards

Rich

Rich

Postby YuriT » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:25 am

Rich, did you realize you can earn up to 300$ with your KC.
YuriT

Postby thx4allthefish » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:48 am

I have (just now) been looking on the article of "How to Create a New Authorization Object" and it's

1. CRM specific - doesn't work for e.g. BI
  2. incomplete

The author never integrated the object into any productive setting, so missing is basically everything SU24/SU22 and why the re-generating of SAP_ALL would work on the new object, is a complete mystery to me :?:

The suggestion of giving the SAP_ALL profile to RFC users is downright criminal! What do you think, all those notes on "minimal authorisations for RFC users" are all about?

I strongly recommend reading the transcripts etc. of the latest Black Hat conference before you allow such an article to stay up on your site.
curiousorange wrote:I give up. Humanity isn't worth saving. Why is there never a Vogon Constructor Fleet around when you really need one?
thx4allthefish

Postby thx4allthefish » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:52 am

Oh! LOOK!

The site belongs to Davy Pelssers! THE Davy Pelssers who learned much of what he knows on authorisations at SAPFans, starting in 2009.
curiousorange wrote:I give up. Humanity isn't worth saving. Why is there never a Vogon Constructor Fleet around when you really need one?
thx4allthefish

Postby sapsepo » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:43 am

thx4allthefish wrote:I strongly recommend reading the transcripts etc. of the latest Black Hat conference before you allow such an article to stay up on your site.

Is there a Black Hat conference related to the software which cannot be nominated in GD?
I would be interested in that :twisted:
sapsepo

Postby sapcrmbelgium » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:15 am

Oh! LOOK!

The site belongs to Davy Pelssers! THE Davy Pelssers who learned much of what he knows on authorisations at SAPFans, starting in 2009.

I actually learned sap authorizations the hard way, when my former employer in 2001 told me - hey Davy , you gotta implement SAP authorizations at customer X, but do not worry..use the tcode PFCG and you"ll be fine...
at that point in time there were little to no content or websites online about SAP Authorizations..so I had to dig into everything on my own...and I was only lucky to find "sap authorizations made easy" guide at that point in time, which helped me a great deal..

hey Fish :-) what do you mean by "learned" @ sapfans.. the post you linked to was a SHARING post instead of a question..
anyway... instead of snagging about 'incompleteness' you can always participate.. and do a Better job then we or I do ..or leave a comment if you think aspects are wrong or missing.. if you like I send all my articles to you for proofreading :lol:
I guess that's the whole issue with sapfans and SCN ....instead of elaborating something into detail, you get some links to another thread or post where you have an incomplete picture/answer and still having no solution for your issue..
although you guys might be right about verifying a post before publishing it...you have the same issue on any site..nobody can proofread and/or verify all content..

by the way - my specialty is rather sap crm authorizations although I have done several SAP ECC authorization setups in the past...
cheers
Davy
sapcrmbelgium

Postby sapcrmbelgium » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:28 am

And Fish : by the way --
The author never integrated the object into any productive setting, so missing is basically everything SU24/SU22 and why the re-generating of SAP_ALL would work on the new object, is a complete mystery to me

If you can READ, the post title is only "how to create a new authorization object" and not :
- how to adjust SU24 settings for a tcode or UIU_COMP webservice (tables USOB....)
- it's also NOT how you can include an authority check in your abap coding
- it's also NOT how you can create a PFCG single or composite authorization role
- it's also NOT how to define an authorization matrix

a post is a post about 1 specific subtopic..nothing less - nothing more...
where are your contributions?
cheers
D
sapcrmbelgium

Postby Gothmog » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:08 pm

sapcrmbelgium wrote:where are your contributions?
All over the Security forum? :roll:
68 74 74 70 3a 2f 2f 74 69 6e 79 75 72 6c 2e 63 6f 6d 2f 62 64 6f 37 6d 77 67
Gothmog

Postby sapcrmbelgium » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:20 pm

Hehe :shock: i know - mine too! I was not referring to answers on forum questions but blogpostings in order elaborate topics in detail avoiding 100 times the same simular questions....

No offense fish :P
sapcrmbelgium

Postby VLozano » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:10 am

The fact is some of the posts in your blog seem to be incomplete or inaccurate. Did you noticed who pointed the wrong parts on your blog? Rich and Fish!! And I'm not talking about cooking, I'm talking about ABAP and Security...

Man, here we share our knowledge for free. You came here asking us to do it for money... It's just a matter of quality or quantity... the quality of your site or the quantity of your payments... Everybody (or at least some of us) are here for free, and no one has tried to earn cash through our posts here (nor in other places, I guess). Wrong place to ask for contributions, wrong people to (try to) blame for their suggestions/corrections/comments.

Earn your cash, it's a free world. But, please, take a read or two of your blog posts before pay for them. If I suggest my Basis to give SAP_ALL rights to any user, they will kill me. If I suggest them to give SAP_ALL rights to RFC users they will give me an ironical smile. At least.
Tuly Idiots
Because we know we are part of the problem
VLozano

Postby Rich » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:40 am

VLozano wrote:give SAP_ALL rights to RFC users they will give me an ironical smile.

Before they shoot you.
Regards

Rich

Rich

Postby sapcrmbelgium » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:53 am

hey guys --> Point made!
I adjusted the post following post :
http://sapuniversity.eu/how-to-create-a-new-authorization-object-in-sap/

Just some question - If I write an article about sap security related stuff - is someone prepared to proofread it /add comments/remarks?
when I publish it I will give you the credit for reviewing it for sure as I also did in the above article!
if you think or feel that the motive of the site is OK, and you insist on having quality articles that are accurate and complete than why not contribute in order that it IS accurate and complete? proofreading takes you guys less time than actually writing and elaborating an article.. PM me if you think that's a fair proposition..

thx
D
sapcrmbelgium

Next

Return to General Talks