Error in HPM UoM Conversion

Industry Solutions (IS-B, IS-H, IS-Oil, IS-P, IS-Retail, IS-T, RIVA etc.)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

kmprakash2000

Error in HPM UoM Conversion

Post by kmprakash2000 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:27 am

Dear experts,
I am facing a strange a strange situation when I am testing the same material in two environment viz., 4.6 and ECC 6. The situation is:
I am trying to go posting for a material (in this case I am doing MI04) in ECC and I am getting an error "Quantities cannot be converted for the material MM328". When I checked the material, 'oil view', I find UoM group is used and no conversion group. Base unit used is not present in the UoM group. When I use the Liter in the conversion from the base unit, it is getting posted. I feel system is working properly as per the master data setting.

But when I checked the earlier system (4.6C), the document is getting posted. When I checked the master data, only UoM group is maintained and no conversion group maintained. And no liter is maintained in the conversion from the base unit, and base unit is not maintained in the UoM group. But I have a doubt whether system is working as per the setting in this case.

So my question is:
1. Whether we should maintain always UoM group and conversion group together?
2. What is standard SAP behaviour if we only maintain UoM group and no conversion group?

Appreciate your help on this.

Thank you,
Prakash