This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

​Vendor Consignment-How to communicate price to vendor

Logistics : MM and its sub-modules (WM, IM, PO, LIS)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran, svetja

​Vendor Consignment-How to communicate price to vendor

Postby Anandj » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:24 pm

Hello All ,
This is more related to process and just wondering if there is any gap in standard SAP consignment process for communicating price to the vendor . Technically the scenario works perfectly . However from business perspective , they need to have an agreement with Vendor for consignment price and not sure how this can be communicated to Vendor in the standard SAP process without any developments . Sending Consignment info record wont be close to a contract with vendor . Does anyone face this issue ? appreciate your inputs on how to address this business requirement.

Anandj
Anandj

Re: ​Vendor Consignment-How to communicate price to vendor

Postby Ha Tran » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:48 pm

Hi,

Why would you expect any price communication to vendor in the vendor consignment process where the goods are still belonging to the vendor ownership. Remember that any consignment PO being raised in the PO simply serves as the formal communication from the customer that the vendor consignment stock shall be replenished. It does not represent for any legal procurement transaction for which the pricing information are mandatory.

Cheers,
HT
Ha Tran

Postby Anandj » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:57 pm

Agreed HT , Yes consignment PO is just for managing delivery schedules and quantities . However from business perspective how do we communicate the price agreed with the consigned material . Purchasing and vendor should agree up on the price before starting the transactions . Is there is any system process to communicate the price to vendor ? I am not saying purchase order should have the price . As per contractual agreement entered with vendor for price there should be a way to communicate that price to Vendor systematically .Should we need to send the Consignment PIR details to the Vendor ? I am just trying to find out what is the best practice for this communication in the entire process .
Anandj

Postby Ha Tran » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:03 pm

Hi,

It is the consignment purchasing information record whose price is used when consuming the material from the consignment stock. Therefore, you can consider using the output of the standard ME1M, ME1L. Alternatively, you can explore the use of standard ME18 transaction where PIR can be sent via INFREC01 IDOC.

Cheers,
HT
Ha Tran

Postby Anandj » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:09 pm

Thanks HT for your inputs .
Anandj

Return to Logistics MM