Freight Charges during GR

Logistics : MM and its sub-modules (WM, IM, PO, LIS)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran, svetja

kmprakash2000

Freight Charges during GR

Post by kmprakash2000 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:13 am

Hi freinds,
We are following standard SAP purchase flow, where we are creating std Purchase Order with Freight condition and mentioning the different Vendor in the Freight condition. Now I have done GR. But I wanted different G/L account to be determined for the Freight Vendor, but it is not happening. It is determining the G/L account through the accounting Key.

Is any one is having idea how to do this?

Thank you for the help,
Prakash

Ha Tran

Re: Freight Charges during GR

Post by Ha Tran » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:36 pm

Hi,

What are the particular posting lines you wish to see in your accounting document upon GR posting?

Cheers,
HT

kmprakash2000

Post by kmprakash2000 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:24 am

Hi HT,
Thanks for the reply.

I would like to see the following postings:
- Stock Posting
- GR/IR Clearing
- Freight Clearing (against the Freight vendor, not the main Vendor mentioned in the PO)

Presently I am getting all the above postings, however, for Freight clearing account, I am getting for the main Vendor and not for the Freight Vendor.

Thank you,
Prakash

Ha Tran

Post by Ha Tran » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:45 am

kmprakash2000 wrote:Hi HT,
Thanks for the reply.

I would like to see the following postings:
- Stock Posting
- GR/IR Clearing
- Freight Clearing (against the Freight vendor, not the main Vendor mentioned in the PO)

Presently I am getting all the above postings, however, for Freight clearing account, I am getting for the main Vendor and not for the Freight Vendor.

Thank you,
Prakash
I was surprised that Freight clearing account is against the vendor as this is an accrual account which is used for all POs for which freight condition types are maintained in the PO. If the freight vendor is maintained in the PO, then such vendor will be automatically proposed as the invoicing party during LIV process (provided that no PI invoicing party partner function is assigned to your freight vendor in the vendor master). Furthermore, through the setting in M/06 for your related freight vendor, you can also be able to manually enter the freight vendor during GR posting which will then be defaulted during LIV process thereafter.

Cheers,
HT