Archiving of Batch Stock

Logistics : MM and its sub-modules (WM, IM, PO, LIS)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran, svetja

kmprakash2000

Archiving of Batch Stock

Post by kmprakash2000 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:37 am

Hi
The requirement is to archive the Batch stock which are having Zero stock quantity and the object used is MM_SPSTOCK. I selected the fields - consider the batch without deletion flag and only consider batch without stock - and run the write step in SARA.

Now the problem is: for a single material, batch, plant there exists multiple storage locations. System archived the batch for the first stoarage location and for the rest of the stoarage locations still batch exists (if I see batch master data, it exists for other storage locations). Now I want to include the batches for storage location level as well, but the option is not available in the write step under SARA.

Could any one tell how to do this?

Thank you,
Prakash

svetja

Re: Archiving of Batch Stock

Post by svetja » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:41 am

what does the spoolfile tell you?

The batch archiving serves various purposes, you can for expample only archive the MCHB table entries, which is the stock segment. but keep the batch itself alive (records in MCHA, MCH1)

Or you can archive the entire batch.

Please tell what you want to achieve and tell what messages you see in the spool file.
Search before posting: search.php

kmprakash2000

Post by kmprakash2000 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:10 am

Hi Svetja,
Thanks for the reply.
I gave a batch which exists in two stoarage locations (MCHB Table) but having zero stock in both storage location. Once I execute the first step, I got the spool saying one batch archived, that was for first storage location for example 0001. So, when I checked the batch master data for material, plant, batch and storage location, it does not exists, means has been archived from DB. But still I could able to see the batch master data for another location. Again I tried to run by mentioning the same batch, but system could not able to select the batch and no records selected.

My requirement is to archive the batch master data, which is having zero stock in a plant. This is getting satisfied, if I have a same batch/material/plant/storage location. I am getting problem when there exists multiple storage location for a same batch. I dont know how to proceed in this case.

Regards,
Prakash

svetja

Post by svetja » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:01 am

long reply but still everything very vague. It is not clear to me if you want archive the complete batch or only the storage location segments of the batch.
Further, you interpret what you see in the spool, means you do not tell the full content, which is needed to give a good answer.
SAP usually tells you the reason if it cannot archive a batch.
Make sure that you issue a complete detail log in your write variant of archiving object MM_SPSTOCK

Check with SE16 at table MCHB if really all quantity fields are zero, maybe you have stock in the previous period.
Search before posting: search.php