This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

How to lock reserved stock for particular Maintenance Order?

Logistics : PM and its sub-modules & SM

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, PJA

How to lock reserved stock for particular Maintenance Order?

Postby GreenGreen » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:28 am

Dear experts,

In our company's setting, if a Maintenance Order created by IW31 contains "Components' and those components with unrestricted used stocks in our storage location, a reservation will then be automatically created. After ATP checking, the reservation no. can be checked with committed quantity and in MMBE, reserved stocks quantity can be seen too.

However, it is strange that users always find their reserved quantity stock had been "stolen" by others who had not reserved any stock.
That is to say, reserved stock could be issued by others by MIGO_GI or MIGO which is not based on the Maintenance Order or Reservation no.

Regarding this, could anyone can suggest me what had been set wrong in our configuration?
Or is there anyone of you know how to set the configuration, so that the goods issue from reserved stocks only allowed for a valid reservation no. (and with that exact quantity from the Reservation no.), and other GI can only be possible from the unrestricted used stocks? (i.e., Movement Type 261 reservation can only issue the exact stock quantity from the reserved stocks to that Maintenance Order, Movement Type 201 reservation can issue the exact stock to that Cost Center, other GI can only be from the unrestricted used stocks).

Thank you.
Green
GreenGreen

Re: How to lock reserved stock for particular Maintenance Order?

Postby GreenGreen » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:19 am

Dear experts,

Further testing to find that when Reservation created for Component, the "Reserved Qty" in MMBE increased but the "Unrestricted used" qty does not decrease correspondingly.
Goods Issue from Reservation is regardless of the chronological order of reservation creation.
That is to say, if a material is out of stock due to a list of reservations were created, you still can create reservation and perform goods issue immediately, if other reserved quantities have not been withdrawn.

May I know how I can set up the material to "first reserve, first committed and first hold up" and no other reservation can perform GI to withdraw my reserved components? (let serial no. management has not be implemented.)

Thank you.

Green Green
GreenGreen

Return to Logistics PM