Budget and plan cost

Logistics : PM and its sub-modules & SM

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, PJA

Sami li

Budget and plan cost

Post by Sami li » Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:18 pm

Dear experts,

I created budget 1000$ for PM order first. Then, I plan one operation for external job in this order, and the plan price is 1200$. But system hasn't give me warning that the plan cost has exceed the budget. I trust I have found this founction in SAP sometime before, but now I forget it.

Could you please remind me? Maybe in budget customizing.

Thank you!

Sami

Chudy

Post by Chudy » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:32 am

How did you create the budget for your work order?
Tom

PJA

PM/CS Orders

Post by PJA » Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:04 am

Sami Li,

Assign the budget profile to your order type in the IMG via TCode OIOA

Maintian the budget profile in thew IMG via TCode OKOB

bvi

Post by bvi » Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:40 am

You also have to manually assign the order created to the budget. You should have activated budget control.

:(

Sami li

Post by Sami li » Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:03 pm

Dear all,

Thanks for your reply. The budget itself is no problem, and it can control order's actual cost. My question is that is it possible to control plan cost in order.

I create budget use KO22.

Sami

bvi

Post by bvi » Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:57 am

Hi Sami,

Actually, if you are creating a purchase requisition then the check on the commitment item is done and the planning cost can be controlled by budget. It is not true in case of activities/operations internally...

:o

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:04 pm

Hi,BVI,

I use KOAO to mark "commitment" with order type. But still the budget can't control the plan price when I create external job PR. Sometime before, I found this function successfully. But I can't remember now. Does somebody have FI knowledge?

Sami

Rgib

Post by Rgib » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:12 pm

bvi, (or anyone)
Where do you manually assign to the order and where do you activated budget control. I've never used budget control but you'll have got my curiosity up now. I've created a profile,assigned it to the Order type, then created the budget in KO22, but I don't know how to manually assign to the order or activate the budget control.

Thanxs

cjmtorres

Hi

Post by cjmtorres » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:24 pm

Dear experts,

Can anybody post the detailed steps on how to set-up the budget for maintenance orders (Customising and transactions). It will be a bit of work but you will help a lot.

Thanks
Carl