function location breakdown list

Logistics : PM and its sub-modules & SM

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, PJA

Sami li

function location breakdown list

Post by Sami li » Fri Apr 11, 2003 1:18 am

Dear all,

I have create malfunction report for function location use IW21, but I cannot see the report in the PM information sys, use MCI7,select function location. It's very strange that I can display the report if I secelt the equipment. Please tell me what is the problem.

Thanks

Sami

mb

Post by mb » Fri Apr 11, 2003 3:40 am

Sami,

I think you have to run the MTTR/MTBR report for functional locations to update the the infostrucutre used in the MCI7 report.

If I am not mistaken, the TCode for the MTTR/MTBR for FLocs report is MCJC.

Hope this helps. :wink:

Sami li

Post by Sami li » Mon Apr 14, 2003 9:41 pm

Hello, MB,

Could you tell me the detail? I use MCJC, but no result. I don't know howto run it and what is the result.

Thanks

Sami

mb

Post by mb » Tue Apr 15, 2003 2:48 am

Hello,

For the MTTR/MTBR report to work, you need to have the following information maintained:

- Start-up date of your technical object
- Malfunction Start/End in Notification
- Mark checkbox Breakdown in Notification

If you do not enter a start-up date and you only have 1 notification for the technical object, no data will be generated for MTTR/MTBR. So you have either of the following options:

- Maintain the start-up date and create at least one notification with the information mentioned above
- do not maintain the start-up date and create at least 2 notifications with the information mentioned above. If this is the case, the system treats the first notification as the "start-up" of the technical object and uses it as basis.

When you get to the report, there is a pushbutton there that says Update Info Structure. You have to click this pushbutton so that the system will update the info structure used for the report (MCI7).

Hope this helps. :wink:

Sami li

Post by Sami li » Tue Apr 15, 2003 9:39 pm

Hello, MB,

Thank you very much! You have helped me a lot!

Regards

Sami

Sami li

Post by Sami li » Tue Apr 15, 2003 10:32 pm

Hello, MB,

There is still one problem. If I only fill in function location when I create Malfunction Notification, I can use MCJC and MCI7 to display the report. But, if I fill in both function location and equiment in malfunction notification, the report cann't be displayed via function location, even I use MCJC. I can read such report only via equipment, use MCJB or MCI7.

Is it pssible to solve the problem? Is there any settment in between function location and equipment?

Regards

Sami

mb

Post by mb » Tue Apr 15, 2003 10:58 pm

Hello Sami,

We only usually use MCJB (for equipment). I think it is logical that you use MCJB i you enter both a functional location and an equipment in the notification.

May I ask what information you need from the MCI7 report? If you need info on functional locations and equipment, there is a standard drill down function so I guess you can still see the information per functional location/equipment.

:wink:

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 28, 2003 12:36 am

Hi MB,
I have created an equipment with the following things.

Start up date in the eq master
Malfunction star and end date
Check box for break down calculation

When I run the enither of the trasaction MCJB ot MC17 I am not able to get the required report.Can you please through some light onthis where Iwent wrong?.

Thanks and regards in advance

Prakash

mb

Post by mb » Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:35 am

Prakash,

I amo not sure why nothing is coming in the MCJB report.

Did you create a new notification type? If you did, make sure you have Update Group 26. If not, maybe you can create another notification and try to run the report again.

Sami li

Post by Sami li » Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:48 am

Hello, Prakash

Please check the Equipment's status.

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 29, 2003 1:36 am

Hi Sami,
I have used the existing notification type M2 whose update group is 26. I have created another notification as well but no results....The eq status is available.......

I don't know where I am going wrong...can you help me please

Thanks in advance

Prakash