This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

email to users assigned to a Role

SAP Security

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, jurjen

email to users assigned to a Role

Postby scy » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:44 am

Hi,
I have requirement to send an email to users assigned to role,It will be great if some one share there ideas.

Note: I'm able to send email to user alone and email is maintained in user master data.

Actually above question is from Broadcasting functionality from BW 3.5 all the configuration for Broadcating is done and i'm able to send workbook as an email for a one user but not users assigned to a role.

I need to know how should i connect/route user(who sends email) and role(with 5 end users attached),your inputs will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
scy
scy

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:30 pm

Lots of ways to do this but they all require programming. You could create your own interface for assigning roles then have an e-mail sent out, you could have a batch job scan the AGR_USERS table and send out all assignments made the current day, you could update roles via a VBA application that interfaces with Outlook etc.

Not to hard to do.....

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:36 pm

Guest:
Thanks for your inputs but i don't think its a good idea for using programing as approach.I think a good sap security person can help me.I'm looking for configuration steps in sap.

Any inputs will be appreciated.

regards,
scy

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:39 pm

Excooose meee....

I know I signed on as guest and you can't possibly no me but here is my real answer.

There is no way to do this with configuration. But be my guest and see if you can find someone who can do this. Even a workflow application would probably require some amount of custom programming to make this work.

Postby scy » Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:19 pm

Dear Guest:
Our Security person has done some config and we are able to send email to all users assigned to a role.

Going forward please login.

Regards,
scy
scy

Postby Al. » Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:36 am

scy wrote:Dear Guest:
Our Security person has done some config and we are able to send email to all users assigned to a role.

Going forward please login.

Regards,
scy

Who do you think you are telling the particular guest to login.

Many people on here post as guest because they are sick of people PMing them with spam, abuse when they hear what they don't want to hear, or requesting them to send them documentation they have worked hard themselves to generate.

I hope you are not this patronising when you are not a keyboard warrior.
Al.

Postby minsh » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:55 am

I quite like it when one "Guest" argues with another "Guest", you never know whether it actually is two people or one person talking to themselves. reminds me of mental hospital. Which is a lot more fun than you might think.

I am guessing, "scy", (is that short for saucy?) that one sapfans "config" is another sapfan's "run a SAP report and create an e-mail group in Outlook"?

be interesting to know the resolution after the banter
minsh

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:32 pm

I am the guest who says you can't configure notification without some coding.

Please tell me how it is done and I will login and say thank you.

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:55 pm

To be transparent, I am the guest who said nothing. So please dont misquote me!

Postby scy » Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:53 pm

ok finally i got some info from security group that they changed the communication type to int in user master data which made it work.

Good luck.
scy.
scy

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:04 am

scy wrote:ok finally i got some info from security group that they changed the communication type to int in user master data which made it work.

Good luck.
scy.

You have been smoked. There is no user type int. There is a communication method int in the user address but this won't cause a user to automatically receive an e-mail when they get a new role assignment. It will facilitate the execution of some program that someone wrote that will send an e-mail.

Postby minsh » Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:02 am

Thanks scy all is now clear - hadn't occurred to me that was what you were trying to do but now you explain it we had exactly the same problem here: I had to look at the table ADR6 and then cross reference the blank entries using some other tables (bit of a haystack since it uses structures) to work out which users had blanks - without INT as the communication type Workflow can't send out the automatic notification via E-mail.

Guest (whichever one you are) - the "some program that someone wrote" is called Workflow. Someone in Walldorf probably wrote it. Smoked?
minsh

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:31 am

minsh wrote:Thanks scy all is now clear - hadn't occurred to me that was what you were trying to do but now you explain it we had exactly the same problem here: I had to look at the table ADR6 and then cross reference the blank entries using some other tables (bit of a haystack since it uses structures) to work out which users had blanks - without INT as the communication type Workflow can't send out the automatic notification via E-mail.

Guest (whichever one you are) - the "some program that someone wrote" is called Workflow. Someone in Walldorf probably wrote it. Smoked?

See my post in this thread of Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:39 pm

Show me a workflow that does this with no customer code.

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:54 am

only if you register

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:24 am

Anonymous wrote:only if you register

Please dont spoil the environment here. We are all here to share information nd help each other. No insulting posts. i am assuming this wouldnt have started if you started using words like "any good security guy could do this".

Return to SAP Security