This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Challenging task for ABAPERS out there ...

Development (ABAP Development WorkBench, ABAP/4 programming)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, YuriT, Gothmog

Challenging task for ABAPERS out there ...

Postby khan1978 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:50 pm

Hi All,

I have IT0028, I wrote down BDC program for that using SHDB... It has data in tabular form if you open IT0028 and Subtype ‘9030’. When I am punching data its going beyond screen..
In other words it considers value only thru '01' to '06' when you `ll record BDC you’ll see it just has the filed values 01... to 06 ...
but in IT 0028 under subtype '9030' you will find 01 .... to 30 values which are default or you can say pre-populated .

When I read the data from text delimited files it has one record per employee but this one record has data from 01....................30 . When I punch data in IT0028 subtype '9030' it works fine for first 6 ..after that when I punch data for 7th and also do BDC_okcode =P+ ..
it doesn’t work ..Although I am also setting the counter which you will find 01...06 during BDC recording ..

This is a real time scenario.. any new . or old or experience ABAPER out there ..would love to experience it ...
Give it a try.. I am also trying...

Post your comments/suggestions..
Thanks
Bye
SAP Consultant
USA....
khan1978

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:48 am

use LSMW or FM for writing into IT

Postby space hog » Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:50 am

use FM HR_INFOTYPE_OPERATION

(i may have misspelled the above function, but, just do a search via se37)
space hog

Re: Challenging task for ABAPERS out there ...

Postby abap_doctor » Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:36 am

khan1978 wrote:any new . or old or experience ABAPER out there

I'm both old and experienced... :wink:

What I tend to do is always transfer to the first line, then do a "new-line" or "page-down" ok-code.

This will then usually open a new line in the same place each time... Could be line one again or always line two, or at least something similar...

Good luck!

ps: this is to try and solve your problem... You should really look for a BAPI or similar...
The Doc
Tuly Idiot Magna Grand Docot Image
abap_doctor

Re: Challenging task for ABAPERS out there ...

Postby khan1978 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:53 pm

Thank you all,
I have already tried FM .. and abap_doctor I also work on this logic, the reason its not working the fields in IT0028 Subtype '9030' is 'DEFAULT' thru 01 ... 25 , if I even try to add a line, its populate the message .. So I have to read values from excel sheet , I have one REC per employee from 01... to 25 .. I have to read and pass it to tab in IT0028 subtype '9030' , but in the background it only understand values from 01 to 06 ... when I hit 'P+' and try to put 8th value it First put value in First page at 01 place and then do P+ ...
Its still not working ... if you get a chance try to see by doing it ...

May be it will also clarify my question.
Thanks
Bye
SAP Consultant
USA....
khan1978

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:52 pm

The only challenging task here is how on earth you got it wrong.
(And it's only challenging since you didn't provide your source code.)

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:34 pm

I suggest you solicit the services of an experienced HR ABAPer (like me, 8^p) who has encountered this problem and solved it before. abap_doctor has the right idea, or you could also then just write 6 records at a time if that's all it'll accept in the background, then do the next 6, etc. How's the weather in Boise, and will you pay all expenses?

Postby RosieBrent » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:16 am

You really shouldn't try and load 6 records at a time then press page down. Why? because on a different screen resolution there would only be space for 5 records and 1 in every 6 would be lost.

Please look for a BAPI for your infotype operation (they are available in TCode BAPI) and write a more futureproof / foolproof program.
Kind Regards

Rosie Brent

Please remember to search the forum and check the FAQ before posting questions, thank you.

Tuly Idiot most of the time, part-time Guru Image
RosieBrent

Postby Snowy » Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:20 am

you should really read basic rules one more time and find a valid topic title that explians its contents.
SapFans Moderator

Search: http://www.sapfans.com/forums/search.php
Notes: http://service.sap.com/notes
Help: http://help.sap.com
Rules: http://www.sapfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=344127
Snowy

Return to ABAP